Commonly Used Essential Oils
- Lavender - Lavender is used to soothe and calm the mind and induce sleep
in case of insomniacs. It also helps in healing eczema and acne.
- Lemongrass – It is a pain relieving oil used for headaches and to get over jet
lag. It tones the muscles by getting rid of cellulite and has medicinal properties
which are helpful in treating respiratory infections, colitis, gastro-enteritis and
- Rose – It is essentially used for skin care to keep the skin soft and
supple. Rose oil also helps in treating depression.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus oil has long been recognized as a treatment option
for cold and flu. A drop of eucalyptus oil in a spoonful of sugar helps in clearing
blocked noses. It is antispasmodic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. This oil
is used in massages for relieving aches and pains in the muscles.
- Sandalwood – It is used primarily for its aroma. When mixed with a carrier-oil, it relieves skin inflammations and itching. – It is used primarily for its aroma. When mixed with a carrier-oil, it relieves skin inflammations and itching.