|Dates And Lentil Fritters
- Wash and boil the green moong dal with
enough water till it becomes soft; once
done, drain and keep the dal separately.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 2 minutes;
drain and make a soft paste without adding
- Mash the boiled dal, add date paste; mix
properly, make small balls and keep them
- Make a smooth batter using rice flour,
wheat flour and water.
- Heat the paniyaram pan (non stick) over
- Dip the balls into the batter and place in
the paniyaram mould, cover and cook
for 2 minutes.
- When done, flip sides using a spoon; cook
again for another 2 minutes or until evenly
- Serve hot.
- Green moong dal 100 g
- Dates seedless 250 g
- Wheat flour 3 tbsp
- Unpolished rice flour 5 tbsp
- Water 50 ml
|Note: If using iron paniyaram mould then season it well and just brush it with oil, then cook the boorilu.