- Heat one tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan; add the cumin sees and sauté lightly. Add the carrot, green peas, ginger, green chilli, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt, and sauté over medium heat for two minutes. Transfer to a plate and cool.
- Add the mashed potatoes, fresh coriander and dried mango powder to the cooled mixture and mix well, adjust seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into eight portions and shape into fourinch long cylinder. Shallow-fry the rolls in sufficient hot oil till pale gold. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- To prepare the frankies, places each roti on a flat working surface and spread a teaspoon of green chutney all over the roti. Place a potato roll on one side. Sprinkle some of the sliced onions, drizzle on-fourth teaspoon of vinegar, sprinkle chaat masala over and roll up firmly.
- Wrap in aluminium foil and serve immediately.
- 4 refined flour rotis
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ¼ cup shelled green peas, parboiled and crushed
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil (for shallow frying)