|Talmakhan Doi Fuska
- Mix yoghurt and sugar well and keep in
- Dissolve salt with water and add flour
and semolina. Knead and make a hard
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
Take two balls and make two equal size
flat breads of 6-inch diameter each.
- Take a flat bread and sprinkle some
Talmakhana over it. Then place another
flat bread on top. Roll again and make
thin and large bread.
Talmakhan Doi Fuska
- Now cut the bread with a cookie cutter.
Roll the rest of the balls in the same
- Place a frying pan on medium heat.
Don’t make the oil too hot. Fry the fuska
shells on medium heat otherwise the
shells won’t be crisp.
- Drain the peas and wash well. Mix
peas, potato, chaat masala, red and
green chillies, cucumber, tomato, black
salt, coriander and onion.
- Soak tamarind in a cup of water for half
an hour. Add salt, cumin powder and
sugar in the tamarind water.
- Make holes in the fuska shells and
insert peas, tamarind water, yoghurt
and top up with gram flour noodles (thin
- Make 8-10 of doi fuska and arrange in a
plate and serve.
- Plain flour - 1 ½cups
- Semolina - 1 tbsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Talmakhana - ½ a tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Yoghurt and sugar
For tamarind water
- Dried peas - 200 gms
- Diced large boiled potato - 1
- Chaat masala - 3 tbsp
- Medium size onion – 1, finely chopped
- Green chillies – 4, finely sliced
- Chopped coriander leaves
Salt, to taste
- Tamarind - 50 gms
- Fried cumin powder - 1 tbsp
- Dried red chillies – 4
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Salt, to taste
- Black salt, to taste (optional)