|Stir Fried Vegetables and Cashews
|Sunita Pant Bansal
- Steam the peas, beans and broccoli until just cooked. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil on medium heat and sauté ginger and onion lightly.
- Add the spinach, carrots and cashews and sauté for a couple of minutes, till the carrots becomes soft.
- Add the steamed vegetables, soya sauce and vinegar. Stir to mix.
- Add salt, pepper and bean sprouts. Stir to mix.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
660 calories, 7g protein per serving
- 150g peas
- 75g French beans, sliced diagonally into 3cm lengths
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g spinach
- 50g bean sprouts
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 30g cashew nuts, roasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown vinegar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste