|Garlic Parmesan Oyster Casserole
|Sunita Pant Bansal
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use ½ tbsp butter to grease a shallow glass baking casserole dish.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a frying pan. Add breadcrumbs and stir-fry until lightly golden.
- Remove from pan and toss breadcrumbs with garlic powder.
- Sprinkle half of the breadcrumbs in the bottom of the greased casserole dish and set remainder aside.
- Arrange oysters evenly in the casserole dish. Sprinkle generously with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Top with parsley, Parmesan cheese, and remaining breadcrumbs.
- Pour wine evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- When done, remove and drizzle remaining melted butter over the top of the oyster casserole.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
- 2 tbsp butter, divided use
- 1/2 cup day-old breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dozen fresh oysters, shucked, drained, and patted dry
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 100g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Lemon slices for garnish