One must pay special attention to food choices and adhere by some of these tips:
Regular physical activity is equally important for maintaining an optimum body weight. Include exercises, games and outdoor activity in your daily life along with healthy nutrition to get rid of the baby fat.
- Include lean and high quality protein sources like fish, seafood and skinless poultry in the diet.
- Consume natural and unrefined carbohydrates from sources like vegetables, oatmeal, whole grains and fresh fruits.
- Drink soups prepared from vegetables / pulses with no addition of fats or starch.
- Avoid starchy vegetables like potato, arbi (colacasia), jimikand (yam) and kachalu (sweet potato).
- Eat salads prepared from raw tomato, cucumber, cabbage, radish, lettuce and sprouts.
- Avoid fruits high on calories such as banana, mango and dry fruits. t Chicken/fish should be grilled or roasted.
- Avoid concentrated sweets and alcohol.
- Limit cooking oil.
- Eat small and frequent meals.
- Do not feast or fast.
- Drink lots of water.
- Maintain regular meal timings.
- Eat fruits instead of juice.
- Eat fruits with peel.
- Let your dinner be light.
- Eat your favourite food only once a week.
- Avoid eating processed food.
- Use non-stick cookware for cooking.
- Avoid ghee or butter.
Low Calorie Alternative Foods
|Parantha (200 kcal)
||Plain chapatti (80 kcal)
|Pulao/Fried rice (170 kcal/1 big katori)
||Plain boiled rice (80 kcal/1 big katori)
|Fried vegetables (100 kcal/100 g)
||Baked vegetables (50 kcal/100 g)
|Regular pudding or dessert (avg 150 kcal/ serving)
||Fresh fruit as dessert (40 kcal/ serving)
|Aerated soft drink (60-80 kcal)
||Plain soda with fresh lime (0 kcal)
|Whole milk (170 kcal/1 glass)
||Skimmed milk (80 kcal/1 glass)
|Sharbat (80 kcal/1 glass)
||Butter milk (40 kcal/1 glass)