Pityriasis rosea is a skin condition causing rash, usually in people between the ages of 10 and 35.
Its causes are not known.
- Rash that begins with a large patch on the chest or back
- Pink and scaly rash
- Sometimes, itching especially when feeling warm
Pityriasis rosea usually gets cured on its own. Symptoms may be managed by:
- Corticosteroids for itchiness
- Oral antihistamines for itchiness
- Ultraviolet light treatment for the rash
Since causes are not clear, there is no known prevention for this condition.