Jet lag or desynchronosis is a temporary condition caused due to long distance travel by air involving change in time zones.
- Disturbed circadian rhythms
- Rapid change in time zones
- Sleep disturbance or insomnia
- Digestive problems
There is no specific treatment for jet lag and body gradually adjusts to the new time zone on its own.
Avoid napping at odd hours
- Break long journeys if possible
- Rest well before long journeys
- Drink plenty of fluids during the journey
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and fizzy drinks