Hypospadias is a condition in which the urethral opening in males is located on the underside and not at the tip of the penis.
- Congenital defect
- Urethral opening on the underside of penis
- Foreskin only on the top but not on the underside of the penis
- Downward curve of the penis
- Abnormal direction or spraying of the urine stream
Treatment is recommended between 6 -18 months of age and includes:
- Surgery to reposition the urethral opening, straighten the penis and remove the excess foreskin
There is no way to prevent hypospadias.