Carbon monoxide poisoning is a result of inhaling excessive carbon monoxide which reduces the ability of the blood to carry oxygen.
- Vehicle exhausts
- Non electrical heaters
- Burning charcoal
- Choked chimneys and vents
- Burning any fuel in an unventilated area
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dry cough
- Chest pain
- Memory loss
- Lack of coordination
- 100% oxygen therapy: In this method, oxygen is inhaled through a tight fitting mask.
- Hyperbaric oxygen: In this method, the patient is kept in a chamber where oxygen is delivered under high pressure.
- Installing carbon monoxide detectors in homes
- Keeping the chimneys and vents clean and in proper order
- Regularly inspecting and keeping all non electrical heating and cooking gadgets in proper working condition
- Not burning any kind of fuels inside a confined and unventilated area
- Avoid vehicle exhaust fumes