Acute prostatitis is a sudden inflammation of the prostrate gland.
- Bacterial infection
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Pain and burning while urination
- Pain between the genitals and anus
- Need to urinate urgently and frequently
- Nocturia ( frequent need to urinate during night)
- Decreased flow of urine
- Low back pain
Usually, a course of antibiotics cures most cases of acute prostratitis. In case of inability to urinate, urine may be extracted directly from the bladder through a tube.
- Avoid urine retention
- Avoid unsafe sex
- Promptly treat any urinary tract infection
- Drink lots of liquids