Apollo has always championed medical and health related education not only in order to get trained and qualified manpower for its various institutions, but also in order to spread knowledge of health and wellness amongst the community, in order to reduce the burden of disease in society.
Apollo Life, the wellness arm of the Apollo Group, in association with Apollo Hospitals Education and Research Foundation (AHERF), has initiated two Post Graduate Diploma programs in wellness related areas, namely:
The knowledge gained from these programs can be used in schools, corporates and the health industry to promote health, wellness, fitness, productivity, stress management etc. It can be used in hospitals and clinics for medical check up as preventive measures in cases of early detection of ailments. It can also be used in secondary and tertiary hospitals to enable inpatients and outpatients to achieve optimal levels of health and to promote healing. It also equips doctors and health professionals to conduct lifestyle modification programs in schools and corporates to combat and manage the scourge of modern day lifestyle related diseases such as obesity, depression, cardiac ailments, cancer etc. which account for 80% of the world’s medicare costs.
- Preventive and Promotive healthcare (PGD PPHC)
- Wellness Management (PGD WM)
Every year, approximately 200 students undergo the PPHC and WM programs. Job opportunities and franchisee associations are offered to every successful student. We truly believe that the knowledge gained through our programs will enable our students to become catalysts in improving health and wellness in India.
For details, email Jyoti Singh at email@example.com or call 040-23553450.
|Our Other Upcoming Academic Courses
ONE YEAR CAMPUS BASED FULL TIME PROGRAM
- Lifestyle Management for Wellness
- Nutrition, Diet and Weight Management (Online)
- Exercise and Fitness (Online)
- Health Psychology and Stress Management (Online)
- Counselling, Grooming and Health Assessment (Online)
- Women and Child Wellness (Online)
- Wellness Facilities Management and Marketing (Online)
- Occupational Health, Hygiene & Safety (Online)
- Disease Management (online)
- Dr. J. Sreekanth MD (Med) Consultant Physician, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Dr. Shiv Kumar MD, DM (Cardiac), Consultant Cardiologist, Apollo Hospitals
- Dr. Narsa Raju, MD, DM (AIIMS), Consultant Cardiologist
- Dr. S.V.S.S. Prasad, MD (Paed.) DM (Med. Onc.)
- Dr. S. P. Vivek Chandra Rao MBBS, DTCD, Ex President Indian Association of
- Sunita Pant Bansal, Sr. Consultant Wellness, VP-Academics, Apollo Life.
- Dr. E. Suneetha, Ph.D., Nutrition
- Dr. Harita Shyam, PhD, Nutrition, Apollo Hospitals
- Dr. Savita Date Menon, MA (Cli. Psy.) Ph.D
- Professor Adrian Kennedy, FND (USA), Ph.D (CHP) USA
- Karen Bhatia, Exercise Physiologist, Nutritionist and Lifestyle Consultant
- Dr. Bhargava Boddu, ND (Osm), MBA – Hospital Management
- Dr. Arpan R. David MBBS, MHM, PGDPPHC, PGDMLS
- Dr. Nipun Choudhary, M.D.
- Coach L.K. Adhikari, National Coach, Body Building, Federation of India and Specialist Fitness
- Coach Anwar Hussain, International football player, National football coach.
- Dr. Hanna Rajshekhar, MPT, Principal, College of Physiotherapy, Apollo Hospitals
- Dr. Habib Ghatala, PhD
- Dr. S. V. N. Reddy, M.A. Ph.D, Advisor, Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration (AIHA)
- Prof. D. Obul Reddy, M.Com, Ph.D, Principal, Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration, Former Dean, Faculty of Commerce, Osmania University.